Share it with your friends!

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

To kick or to kick-off

Yet another academic year has kicked off, bringing with it parents orientation sessions(YAWN), books, brown papers, name slips and what not! Well, covering books in brown paper is not a joke, my friend. At least not for me. Since my better half conveniently opts out of these activities citing inexperience, I become the undisputed owner of Project School Prep. This is one of those situations in life when you have no choice. There may have been eight books, and I took a solid no-break two hours to finish those. I was also standing the whole while. Imagine standing the whole duration of a movie. Even if feet hurt, at least in the end we are entertained. In my case, feet hurt, and that’s about it. It was a weekend activity, so I had a no-break sleep for four hours to replenish myself. However I have a pretty good handwriting, so once the name slips were stuck, they looked cute. Anyone may misinterpret those books to have been done by a book-covering-enthusiast. It is a fruit of my blood! MY BLOOD!

Kindergarten Phase two has officially started and I had been prepping my drama king of a son for that day. Luckily for me and my sanity, they did not shuffle the classes, hence only the new teacher had to be dealt with. As expected, the teacher realized the mischief quotient of my son on the very first day, as he apparently did what he does best- annoy her. So they are at loggerheads now and my headache for this year has also  kicked itself in.

THAT's ME !!! :D :D Image Courtesy: Here

On the school reopening day, we went a bit early  to help him get accustomed to the new classroom. All other parents also were present and the cacophony that rose from the room made us yell our throats out just to make small talk with other parents. I watched as all kids were seated, talking and laughing, but my son alone wouldn’t sit. He has to go from desk to desk, doing all types of antics, much to the amusement of his classmates. I noticed some ladies eyeing me sympathetically. I blame my husband for this. He was a well-known brat in his school back in our time, and decades later his teachers still remember that. Even though verbally I can safely transfer the blame and make the genes responsible for this mess, it gives only a temporary relief. Ideally before we get hitched to someone we should run a background check to the point where you know how mischievous the person was.

As I watched my son laughing and jumping across tables amidst all the kids that were obediently seated, he suddenly turned and lovingly blew me a kiss.

**Heart melts**

So, what was I saying?


10 comments:

  1. Awwww!!! He's such a sweetheart <3 And two hours of standing? Your poor feet! I hope you got a foot massage at the very least :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once a mother, one never gets massages...never ever!

      Delete
  2. Hahaha I dread to imagine what my future kid would be like since both me and my husband have been trouble makers. Not at school though, that was the saving grace for our parents! All the best for another year at kindergarten :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What you do in school is the main thing :D Thank you...let's see how this year goes!

      Delete
  3. Aww so cute! Good luck Aaron on your new year , and more luck to Mama( if you ask me you need wine more than luck ) .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww he did that? :)

    I like bratty kids. It's really fun to watch their parents try to manage them :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. And it is fun to manage them. Plus those tiny hugs and kisses.

      Delete
  5. He's the cutest! I walked my 4-year old nephew from his first day at 'big' school this time. He apparently calmed his best friend who was howling. He told him all you've eated would be wasted and your eyes will become small so don't cry!!
    These boys are the cutestttt!!

    ReplyDelete

Spread the word!