Share it with your friends!

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Vote for Aaron Sandeep !

Facebook 'like' buttons are the easiest way to show your love and it is also the measuring unit of social acceptance. I totally disagree with this concept, as I can remember the birthdays of people dear to me without Facebook reminding about it and mobile phone numbers of my loved ones without missing a digit. Well, as long as I don’t suffer from amnesia I can right? And I should! Why would we depend on our gadgets to remind us of our parents wedding anniversary? That’s blasphemy!

And we know how parents of kids and toddlers flood our facebook timelines with pictures of their kids asking for ‘likes’ and how annoying that is. However competitions are held that way and it is not like we like to beg! And we honestly do not like sharing our baby’s pics just to show them off.

I always appreciated efforts and ‘like’d the pictures people asked me to, because it dint hurt me. And photo contests that are held on Facebook are judged by the number of likes and not the quality or creativity of the photo. The agenda is basically marketing, and we all know it. However, it is fun to participate because we are anyway social animals and cannot shy away from any contests questioning its legitimacy.

So here I am, requesting each one of you, to please go to the below link and click ‘Like’ on the picture of AARON SANDEEP you see there. It is a photo contest based on FIFA World Cup.

Singers are judged by the number of sms they get, photos are judged by the number of likes it gets. There is no room for talent; it is only the popularity that counts. It is not quality but quantity that matters on the web. I am not a fan of this particular competition myself, but two things: this is a competition held by my office, and secondly my husband being a popular photography enthusiast participated because it had the words ‘Photo contest’ in it.

So please shower some blogger love, go to the link and ‘LIKE’ Aaron Sandeep. It doesn't take even a minute!


Thank you so much in advance, I love you guys.



Image Courtesy: Google Images.

27 comments:

  1. I agree to everything you said. And then I read your reasoning :)

    Alll the best! I liked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Done! Your little one is a champion! He's sooo cute :) Hope he wins! Good luck, Anita (Proud Mom) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. done.. 451 plus likes... surely we must be winning or atleast leading, right??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emm.. agree with u.. well said.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Done!! He deserves to win! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Anitha , voted n hope your lil one wins, hes a cutie!.. Im a silent reader as usually im tooo lazy to login n comment .. love your posts.. tc - Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Carol ! :-) Please dont be lazy..I love comments :D

      Delete
  7. Done Done Done Done Done :D

    And thank you so much for visiting my blog, it made me open this fab blog of yours :D
    *follows*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Namrota ! I'm happy to have found your blog as well !

      Delete
  8. Thanks Anita for visiting my Blog! Even I am following your Blog now!
    I am no longer using FB. Once uponn a time, had taken part in these 'Like' contests that never liked me as a prize-winner :)
    Best wishes to you! May you win :)

    Notice that you stay in Muscat. Researched quite a bit for my entry for the OmanTourism IndiBlogger Contest.
    I should have taken tips from you!
    Do read my Oman post-
    http://anitaexplorer.blogspot.in/2014/07/my-top-10-reasons-to-visit-oman.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hellooo! Thank you ...I will definitely see your Oman post ! Thanks for the comment and the follow!

      Delete
  9. I have read and agree to the terms & conditions...and here I cast my vote for Aaron Sandeep, is not what I would say at all Anita. What an amazing & spirited pic. Your husband is an amazing photographer. You have my vote & my love Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton for those lovely words !! BIG HUG ! Are you on whatsapp? We have a HAC group on whatsapp ... share your number on fb messaging.

      Delete
    2. I am whatsappless (by choice). Now thinking what should I do with FB. Google helped with the Orkut part. But guaranteed that I'll always be around here to read, enjoy & comment on 'Mirroring My Thoughts' my dear friend.

      Delete
    3. Ohh our HAC whatsapp group would have been much more fun with you in it ! But its okay, I respect your choice... I am glad you comment on my posts...take care !

      Delete

Spread the word!