Share it with your friends!

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

When Goddess Fortuna smiled at me.

Once upon a time there was a lucky draw. There were four prizes. Five people participated. The one who dint get a prize was me.

That pretty much sums up how lucky I am when it comes to lucky draws and spot contests.  Well I am not complaining, but this long episode of losing out on prizes (otherwise called LIFE) has made me accept the reality, which is - Baby, just play the contest and go home. Don’t wait for the results. So you learn from me how to have fun without being rewarded for it!

On another note, it is a sweaty summer here and Sun God is the harshest in the Middle East.  Plus, there are a lot of mundane things going on right now. Mummy is attending cake icing classes, sister buying a new car, my son was bitten by his best friend because he beat him first, husband needs to get a tooth extracted, I am working like a donkey in office and no one seems to notice etc. Among these the topic I chose to write today is of course about the tooth extraction. Nothing else is even remotely interesting you see.

Basically there is not one tooth in my mouth which is untouched by a dentist’s magic wand. I am therefore so proud of my pearly whites that I am considering including that on my resume. So whenever that dreaded dentist appointment is due, my husband reminds me of how his every single tooth is like a storehouse of calcium surrounded by the most perfect gums. And how it has been the same for all his ancestors dating back to Adam and Eve. I did not curse him. I just thought - Good for him, I am on that soft, perfectly inclined dentist chair it is almost like a teeth spa – if there is one. Meanwhile he runs after my toddler with all that perfectly crafted set of teeth and gums.


However, his teeth had other plans. So last week, one of the backbencher teeth started showing its true colors. And there was slight pain, but it turns out that he (and probably all the ancestors) are terrified of dentists. So visiting a dentist needed some pushing, topped with recitation of some comments he made at me when I was going through a similar situation.

Moral of the story is, even if you don’t win lucky draws, life gives you other precious moments, during which you will consider yourself lucky (even if it is at the cost of someone's tooth ache :D )


And now to everyone who liked the Facebook page for the photo contest my son participated in- the good news is, WE WON THE FIRST PRIZE- A NIKON POINT AND SHOOT CAMERA !!! How cool is that !!??? Thank you , thank you, everyone who liked the image and helped us win !



And secondly, on the very same day, I won a giveaway on the Red Handed blog. (We all know Red Handed . The single most entertaining and fearless blogger around). The widget which chose the winners chose ME !  I was so pleasantly surprised and am so glad that finally the widgets are smiling at me (they used to hate me for no reason) I won Batman shoes designed by the innovative designer, Khushboo Rehani (SoleArt).


But with all that happening on the same day, I am kind of worried about my teeth.


23 comments:

  1. hahahaahhahahah see when life decides to finally reward you, he rewards you really really well and with something that your truly deserved. :) Winning the picture contest was well deserved. My giveaway was just an added cherry. :D
    You are one funny woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thanks for calling me fearless. (anyone can be fearless under the mask of anonymity. But you know me well dont you? )
      Thanks :)

      Delete
    2. I don't think you will write any different if you weren't anonymous. I know you and I love your blog ! :D
      Thanks so much for the good words !

      Delete
  2. Yay ! Congrats Girl , well deserved

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayyyy!!! I won at Red's tooo :D

    Congrats on both the wins! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Soumya! Congrats to you too for winning at Red's!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the awards galore. Its like everything comes at once and of course the tooth part to scare you a bit. But yeah we all have that tooth ordeals at least once in life :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...and for me the tooth ordeal dint come once.. It's a frequent visitor!

      Delete
  5. Congrats, my beloved daughter !
    Papa

    ReplyDelete
  6. one door shuts, another opens
    Coincidentally, did u know that before tooth extraction was done by tying the teeth to the door knob and then pulling d door open from other side :D :D (Aren't you glad u have me around to soothe any nervousness u may have had about d procedure!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg I'm going to Tell this to my already terrified hubby lol!!!
      Thanks very much I am glad I belong to this generation!

      Delete
  7. Wow! That's Super cool! congrats Aneeta :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to the cutie on the win!! :)
    And put up a picture flaunting your spoils as well, no?

    Teeth spa? HAHAHA :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I will, I will, I never hesitate to flaunt you know :D
      Thanks PeeVee!

      Delete
  9. "However, his teeth had other plans." Lol....I just can't take my eyes off tht line. Hilarious!
    Thanks for introducing me to the Red Handed Bloggie here... Priceless Posts!

    & Congratzzz on the Win! Shoot Away...... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Amogha I am glad you started to read Red Handed...she is simply awesome !

      Thank you !!!!

      Delete
  10. Well, I hate dentists! My crooked teeth are testimony to that fact. And well, who likes dentists anyway!

    As I told you on FB, now you will want to win everything. Lady fortuna is extremely mischievous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what I hated dentists too...But I have an awesome one.. who between procedures lets me sleep on that chair if there are no patients waiting !!! Can u believe it..? And that chair...it is heavenly :D

      Lady Fortuna is naughty that means :-P

      Delete
  11. I think your husband's toothache is lucky for you. Encourage him to eat more sweets and hide the toothbrush :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha thats a good idea...I hope it changes my life too !

      Delete

Spread the word!